Wondering how to Fix iTunes Backup Session Failed? If your answer is yes, then I am here to help you out. iPhone backup session failure is one of the common errors that Apple users face. And the error occurs whenever you try to take a backup of your Apple device using iTunes.
But whenever an error like this appears, taking a backup of your iPhone becomes a next to impossible task. But luckily, fixing the issue is not as hard as it seems.
And in this article, I will be sharing a couple of troubleshooting methods, and fixes that will help you to fix iTunes Backup Session Failed error.
Fix iTunes Backup Session Failed
1. Restart Computer and iPhone/iPad
One of the first things that you should do is restart your computer and iPhone or iPad. There is a high chance that the error is occurring because of your Apple device or PC. So make sure to restart your PC and Apple device.
Also, make sure that you have disconnected your iPhone from your PC before restarting. After you are done rebooting all your devices, reconnect them and try to take a backup again. And see if you are still getting the same issue or not.
2. Disconnect Any Other USB Devices on Your Computer
In case if you have connected way too many USB devices to your computer, such as keyboards, mouse, then it may cause some disorder issues. So in this case, you should disconnect all your USB devices connected to your computer. And then, run the backup season again and see if you are still getting the same iTunes backup session failed error or not.
3. Check Windows Security Settings
You should also check your Windows security settings. There is a high chance that your antivirus software is causing the iTunes Backup Session Failed error. So in such a case, you should temporarily disable Antivirus on your computer and every other firewall program and try to take a backup again.
Also Read: How to Unpair Apple Watch without Phone?
4. Reset the Lockdown folder
The next thing you should do is reset the lockdown folder to solve iTunes backup issues. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Close iTunes and disconnect your iPhone from the computer.
- Then find the iTunes lockdown folder at C:\ProgramData\Apple\Lockdown.
- In this folder, you have to delete all the files.
- After that, launch iTunes again and connect your iPhone to your computer. And now, try to take a backup again.
- At first, close iTunes and unplug your iPhone from the Mac.
- Next, go to Finder and click on Go > Go To Folder and type down /private/var/db/lockdown/ to find the lockdown folder.
- Over here, delete all the files in the lockdown folder.
- After that, relaunch iTunes and connect your iPhone to your Mac and start the backup process again.
5. Delete Unnecessary Files to Free Storage
The last solution that you can try out is to delete unnecessary files to free up storage. In case if the backup file is too big, then the iTunes Backup Session Failed is a common error that you get to see. So make sure that there is enough space on your computer.
If you don’t have enough storage, then do delete unnecessary files from your computer to free up storage. Or you can take a backup of your files to an external drive.
Once you are done freeing up storage, start the backup process again and see if you are still facing the same error.
So that was all for how to fix iTunes Backup Session Failed error. Now go ahead and check these methods out and see how they are working for you. Also, for any other questions, do feel free to comment below.